AdventistYouthLink - Montego Bay Youth Empowerment
RSS Become a Fan

Recent Posts

When men Cry
Can A Woman Rape A Man?
Are you in favor of Abortion. Or are you against It.
Pastors/Leaders and their actions.
Acceptance Of "Queer" People

Categories

Bible Verses
Church and Society
Daily Inspiration
Infidelity
Prayer
Views on End Time Events.
What Society Thinks
Youth and the Church
powered by

Prayer

Prayer

Youth Prayer on Sabbath
WHAT IS PRAYING?   It is essentially the time we spend being conscious of being in the presence of God, and of desiring to know and love Him more each time.
Talking to God without holding back express thoughts and concerns we wouldn't express to a friend.    If we can see praying as not only something we set aside a particular time for each day but as something we can do as we work, run, eat, converse, wait for appointments and yes, even sleep then God will be our constant companion. We then shall be able to turn to Him so easily when we most need Him in those most difficult and discerning moments. As is custom or becoming custom for many people they only tend to pray when things are going down hill, as for some others they will pray almost everytime and in every situation. ( I believe that for Christians Prayer should be like petrol for car. Without it we cannot make any progress in our Christianjourney). I truly believe the best Prayer ever isThe Lord's Prayerwhich i am quite certain everyone is familiar with. Please recite as you close your eyes and feel the true present of God as you recite The Lord's Prayer.
" Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your Kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as in heaven
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom,
the power and the glory are yours.
Now and for ever.

14 Comments to Prayer:

Comments RSS
Camillia on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:32 PM
I agree with you that prayer should be like petrol in our lives but the "Our Father prayer should be a modle prayer on how we should approach praying to God. So we should be pouring out our hearts to him rather than reciting the same prayer each day.

Natoya on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:35 PM
praying is veryy important in ones life bt these later days p'ple only pray to god in need of help..which to mem is not right..he deserves a wrd of prayer at least for 1min of ur day...i pray alot and to b honest at times i 4get to pray bt whn i do pray again i cover for those times i missed..lol

antwone on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:02 PM
hey thnk you guys

omar on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:16 PM
well a prayer a day keep the devil away a god over devel hot head.

Tashi-Poo on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:23 PM
Prayer is soul food. We would not attempt to survive without air, and therefore should not try to survive without prayer. Praying should be like second nature, something we do automatically, every single day and not just when we need something.

P P on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:23 PM
I can admit that I have not been to church in a while but prayer is important. I do slack off and sometimes I feel like I have lost my way, but God is always there for me. Prayer is our own way of communicating with our heavenly Father and it just brings us a bit closer to him.

P P on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:25 PM
I have to admit that I have not been to church in a while, and I fall short a bit with prayer. I believe it is our way of communicating with our heavenly Father and being closer to Him.

GRINI on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:28 PM
your words were indeed inspirational and motivating. prayer is indeed fuel to our soul and without prayer it is almost impossible to take on the trying days that we have ahead. keep posting the good word my brother!!

Salomie on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:29 PM
I do agree that the "Our Father Prayer" should be evry essentrial but, I do admit sometimes, I wakeup and forget to pray, but I always do a little short prayer when I'm having my lunch. I always instill in my son's mind to pray befor he goes to bed and he is now three and prays before he sleeps....

Richard Reid on Monday, February 28, 2011 10:10 AM
Just to put some emphasis on the importance of prayer. Prayer with your partner should be done more than extra Curricular activities. I'll assume you know what those activities are.

best tour groups on Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your site when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

blogcauseon on Monday, May 20, 2013 9:46 AM
My wife and i got quite satisfied when Ervin could round up his homework using the ideas he gained using your web site. It's not at all simplistic to just find yourself freely giving steps that many others have been trying to sell. We see we have the website owner to appreciate because of that. The type of illustrations you made, the easy blog navigation, the relationships you can aid to foster - it's got mostly fabulous, and it's leading our son and the family imagine that this issue is cool, and that's highly serious. Thanks for the whole lot!

watches sale uk on Friday, December 26, 2014 2:34 PM
I am usually to blogging and i really recognize your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and preserve checking for new information.

roblox hack on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:06 AM
Hey friends if you are a gamer and wsnt to hack roblox for free online then must try my link its best way to hack roblox for free online.